EYC Merchandise- Last Chance on Friday morning!
EYC Annual Meeting of the Members-Saturday, August 14th @ 9:00 a.m.
Commodore’s Party- Saturday, August 14th @ 6:00 p.m.
Time to cross the Finish Line in style! Join fellow sailors & crew to celebrate the end of the 2021 season at the Commodore’s Party this Saturday @ Hidden Acres Farm, Sister Bay.
Donations welcome. We’re hoping you will still feel inclined to be kind. Donations always help offset EYC expenses.
Click this LINK to view the Commodore’s Invitation for all the details.
- All Ages Welcome!
- Care to drop off your appetizers before you park! A crew will be waiting to grab your dish at the entrance of Hidden Acres on Beach Road as you drive around to park!
- Special close-up parking spots will be available for our land challenged seniors experiencing a bit of “sea legs!” Please let us know you are coming so we can save a spot. Email Jeanne or Nancy at [email protected] or [email protected].
- Golf cart rides available from the parking lot for anyone else that needs assistance.
- There is PLENTY of open air and outdoor space at the Commodore Party Venue and we hope to see everyone there:)
Bunco on Monday nights
We will still be playing Bunco on Monday nights at the clubhouse on Monday, August 16th and Monday, August 23rd. Hang out, have fun, and meet old and new friends. 7:00 p.m. at the upper level in the clubhouse.
EYC/EYH Scavenger Hunt- Saturday, August 21st @6:00 p.m
- Sign up, and pay ($10), at Ephraim.org ASAP. Yes, before the day of the event! Organizers expect a large group and need to assign teams before the event starts.
- Designated drivers, with vehicles that seat 5 or more, are needed. Please contact Kathy Pentler to volunteer (262) 893-5699
- Start at EHF and finish at EYC. BYOB for after-party and awards.
- Meet at the Anderson Barn – 3060 Anderson Lane NO LATER THAN 6:00. Rain or Shine!
PRO: A big thanks to Dan Goldberg for being our principal race officer and helping run a smooth regatta. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Thank you to Eric and Karyn Herndon for donating their time and use of their boat as our signal boat. Thank you to Lisa Gifford, Laura O’Rourke, Tom Salkowski, Dean Marlin, John Peterson, Deanna Peterson and Steve Crane
Thank you to Barb and Bob Ziegler for letting us use their power boat as the judges boat on Saturday and Steve Sauter for the use of his boat on Sunday. A big Thank you to Fred Horwitz for being our chief judge and to John Archibald and Bob Aring for serving on the jury.
Thank you to Fred Lewis, Jack O’Rourke, Gordon Rowley and Hugh Haggerty for helping get boats in the water quickly
A big thanks to our EYC staff that has helped get the dock cleared off and the clubhouse cleaned up as well as helped all racers on the dock. Thank you also to Sarah Olson for helping get the EYC boats in racing order.
Housing: Thank you to Steve and Jessica Sauter for housing some of our race committee.
Thank you to the Ephraim Foundation for allowing us to store boats at the Olga Dana Green across the street.
Regatta Welcome Party:
A big Thank you to Stacey and Ryan for supplying drinks for the regatta party. Thank you to everyone who helped by bringing food and helping setup / clean up.
Ephraim Regatta Party:
We are super grateful to Bill and Heather Anderson for letting us use Maxwelton Braes for our Ephraim Regatta Party and to Will Anderson for bartending. Additional Thank You’s to the Maxwelton Braes and Thyme Cuisine staff and the EYC volunteers who helped with setup, serving, and clean up and for creating such a successful party.
Thank you Carol Claypool for doing the regatta scoring and helping with the NOR and SI’s.
Thanks to Cain Goettleman and FLS Banners for creating the beautiful trophy bags
Grateful to Carol Fiedler for running registration and check in
Lunches / Food:
Thanks to Liz Dishner for organizing all of our lunches and the breakfast bar. Further gratitude to Marsella Fults for helping pickup sandwiches and Debby Heidler for helping hand out lunches.
Thank you for advising Emily and I and answering all questions throughout the year as we worked to put this event on, as well as storing all of the regatta marks and flags!
Geoff and Claudia Warner for the beautifully designed regatta shirts and helping setup for the welcome party
Results can be found here: