The news you have all been waiting for….
There has been much activity on the EYC dock! Much needed projects to protect our club house from high water levels are being addressed. Lifts are being installed and the dock has been power washed to remove slippery conditions.
The Board has been working diligently on a cautious plan of opening lessons to promote sailing education. We will be using a phased approach to opening beginning 7/6/2020. We are implementing Safety Policies, Protocol and Waivers in Response to COVID-19.
We ask that you be patient as we finalize our policies for the safety of you, our members.
The clubhouse will remain closed.
The Board has decided to offer the following outdoor activities for Club members this season:
– We will offer private lessons beginning Monday 7/6/2020! Please email [email protected] to make your reservations for private lessons!
– We are working toward offering limited small group lessons (4 or less students) with a 4 to 1 student/instructor ratio. Details on registration to follow.
– We will offer member use of club boats on a reservation basis. Details to follow.
– The navigational training raft has be installed.
– The bleachers will not be utilized this year to keep the dock uncluttered due to high water issues.
Now that we will be having staff on the dock to teach sailing lessons, check out equipment and maintain the facilities, we ask that members follow the recommendations from Door County Public Health.
– Masks or buffs must be worn when within 6 feet distance of others.
– Hands should be washed frequently. Hands free hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the club facilities.
– Maintain social distancing.
Sale of EYC Merchandise will be opening soon! Stay tuned for more information!