Now that the summer season is over, do you have surplus items which you could donate to the EYC? The EYC would be grateful for your donation of boats or equipment (or cash, or appreciated securities).
The EYC relies on donations from members and friends to help keep dues low and to keep EYC membership accessible. Because of its educational and amateur athletic mission, the EYC is qualified as a charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and therefore your donation is tax-deductible.
Among the items which the EYC would particularly like to receive are:
* A used compact pickup truck (Chevy S-10 or Ford Ranger or similar) or similar sized SUV with an automatic transmission. We need a dedicated EYC vehicle for towing and launching boats, and to run errands…for too long we have been depending on EYC volunteers to provide free use of their vehicles for these tasks.
* Flying Scot, Optimist, Laser and 420 sailboats, and sails and equipment for them.
* Powerboats from 13 to 20 feet.
* 4-stroke outboard motors.
* Shore Stations and similar boat lifts.
The EYC will also gladly accept other boats and marine items in good condition which can be used in the EYC’s programs or sold to raise funds for the EYC. To donate, contact [email protected].
And, remember the EYC in your will!