The EYC operates one of the oldest and largest sailing schools in the United States. In 2012 the EYC taught over 280 student sessions, up over 12% from 2011. Every year we get lots of compliments on the quality of our lesson program, and enrollment grows, so we know we are doing it right!
Even so, we strive to make the EYC’s sailing school better every year. In 2013 we have upgraded our lesson signup system. We think parents and students will find the new system easier to use, especially when signing up a student for more than one session, or when signing up multiple students.
We are also adding eighteen 420-class doublehanded dingies, replacing our former fleet of eight Flying Juniors. This more than doubles the size of our doublehanded fleet, and increases lesson capacity. We also are upgrading our powerboat safety fleet to help our instructors teach more effectively.
Click here to learn more about the EYC’s lesson program, and to sign up now for 2013 group lessons. Sign up early before the most popular session dates and times fill up!
Group lessons are offered for juniors (ages 7 to 17) and adults.
Tips for parents:
1. Please carefully read all the information provided during the on-line signup process.
2. The first time you sign up, you will be asked to open an online EYC sailing lesson registration account. Be sure to save your account information (username and password), so that you can access your account again later.
3. The most popular (and crowded) sessions are sessions C, D and E, in the mornings. If those sessions are full, or if you prefer to maximize the chance that your child will experience a lower student/instructor ratio, sign up for sessions A, B, or F, or sign up for afternoon lessons instead of morning lessons. In order to encourage signup for afternoon lessons, many lesson levels are offered at a discounted price in the afternoon.
4. EYC membership is required in order to take lessons. A junior student must be the child of a Family member, or a Student member. Student membership is only $65, no initiation fee required. Family, Senior and Single members who have not already renewed their memberships can renew at www.eycwi.clubexpress.com (then click “Member Login”). Student memberships are purchased during the lesson sign-up process.
5. Sign up your child for the correct lesson level. Check the report card you received at the end of your child’s most recent lesson session. It will state the lesson level your child is eligible for. If you can’t find the report card, contact email@example.com before registering.
Questions? Contact the EYC’s Education Committee chairman firstname.lastname@example.org