Do you have surplus items which you could donate to the EYC? The EYC would be grateful for your donation of boats or equipment (or cash, or appreciated securities). Every donation helps the EYC increase the quality of its programs, hold down dues, and make sailing more accessible.
Among the items which the EYC would particularly like to receive are:
* A small or mid-sized used trailer. It does not have to be a boat trailer. It does not have to be pretty. It just has to have a hitch, a frame, axle and wheels. The trailer will be modified and used to store sails on our pier.
* A used compact pickup truck (Chevy S-10 or Ford Ranger or similar) or similar sized SUV with an automatic transmission. We need a dedicated EYC vehicle for local towing and launching of boats, and to run errands. For too long we have been depending on EYC staff and volunteers to provide free use of their personal vehicles for these tasks.
* Flying Scot, Optimist, Laser and 420 sailboats in good condition, and sails and equipment for them.
* Powerboats from 13 to 20 feet.
* 4-stroke outboard motors.
* Shore Stations and similar boat lifts.
The EYC will also gladly accept other boats and marine items in good condition which can be used in the EYC’s programs or sold to raise funds for the EYC. To donate, contact email@example.com.
Because of its educational and amateur athletic mission, the EYC is qualified as a charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and therefore your donation is tax-deductible.
And, remember the EYC in your will!